October is recognized in the U.S. as National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM). NDEAM celebrates and shines a light on the contributions and efforts of people with disabilities in the workplace, all while raising awareness of the continuous need for inclusivity and opportunity in America’s workforce.
Here are five areas to evaluate to ensure your company is disability-inclusive:
Visit www.ada.georgia.gov to learn more.
BDI’s VP of Business Services, Joe Paolini shared, “Hiring people with disabilities promotes a culture of inclusivity, teamwork and awareness. Hiring from the PWD community has had huge positive effects on our organization, and the organizations that we serve. The unique perspective that a person with disabilities brings to the workforce can increase innovation, provide a different level of thought leadership to problem-solving, and raise the motivation level of the entire team. It’s truly a win-win for all!”
It is our hope at BDI that awareness and support of people with disabilities in the workplace extends beyond NDEAM. Here are ways you can connect with our organization:
- BDI offers a wide range of business services. Grow your business all while helping people with disabilities work and thrive. Click here to learn more about BDI Employs.
- Do you identify as a person with a disability and are eager to start a thriving career? See below for BDI programs that may interest you:
- Have an interest in IT? Click here to apply to the BDI Bridge Academy, a free, CISCO-certified IT program.
- Are you or your loved one a junior or senior in high school? BDI G.R.O.W. prepares high school students for work readiness and secondary education/training. Click here to learn more.
- Click here to explore BDI’s current job openings.